Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lines

 "All of these lines across my face, tell you the story of who I am". - Brandi Carlile

How is it that in one day I get mistaken for a teenager and I have this picture taken with such distinct age lines I can't even believe? It's not that I even hate the lines or fear them and what they might symbolize. It's just so new to see such physical proof that I am "growing up" and life is really happening all around me. I suppose I should be thankful for each and every time that someone thinks I'm 17, who knows if it will last. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful......and so is this picture! if being loved by a baby and a sweet husband includes lines...bring it on!

Beth said...

I know how you feel... I used to always secretly smile if I were carded for a glass of wine, etc... But, I think what is happening to me is that this body is aging, etc... yet my spirit is still in her early twenties. I remember that glint an elderly woman still had in her eye years ago. I wonder if that glint is the spirit of youth still never growing old? May I always be young and full of spirit and awe on the inside even if my face tells a different story.